Texas Custom Wine Works is looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join our harvest team. The Seasonal Cellar Operator assists the Cellar Master, Cellar Leads and the rest of the cellar team with all day to day harvest operations. You should have a passion for wine, possibly some prior harvest/cellar experience but we are willing to train the right person.
We are a team of well organized, positive, hard-working people who focus on keeping quality at the highest level while being efficient in the process and thorough in our winemaking.
We require long hours (with overtime) and availability to work 6 days a week during harvest season. Must be flexible to work any day of the week and any shift. Depending on the season, this position usually lasts around 10 weeks, starting in Mid/Late June and lasting until Early/Mid-October.
Salary dependent upon experience.
* Maintains sanitation of tanks, equipment and facility.
* Possess the ability to understand production requirements via verbal and written instructions
* Aids in receiving grapes, sorting, pressing, crushing, press set up and press cleaning.
* Able to learn how to safely operate pumps of various types, (PD, Centrifugal and Air)
* Performs pumpovers, tank dig outs, tank racking, yeasting, additions, barrel prep, barrel downs & pump outs.
* Able to perform detailed and meticulous cleaning required to maintain Imagery’s high standard of sanitation.
* Assist with bulk wine shipping when necessary.
* Follows all standard operating procedures to ensure maximum safety, efficiency, and wine quality is achieved.
* Maintain a safe, clean and healthful work environment at all times.
* Maintain a good working relationship with all fellow employees and a cheerful, can do attitude while working long hours.
* This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not restrict the tasks management needs to be accomplished.
* This position involves working in a fast-paced, physically demanding environment, while maintaining a meticulously clean workspace.
* Candidates must be willing to lift heavy objects (up to 50 lbs.), stand, crawl, kneel, and climb for extended periods of time.
* Ability to work at heights up to 45 feet.
* Possess the ability to work in a fast pace environment under pressure while keeping a positive attitude.
* Able to work outside in all weather conditions.
* Ability to wear a respirator when working with SO2 gas or other airborne hazards.
* Ability to perform confined space entry procedures and work safely in confined spaces.
* Possess good verbal & written communication skills.
* Ability to listen, take direction, and multi-task.
* Team player with great attitude and work ethic.
* Display integrity, character and honesty.
* Must be able to work overtime and any shift/day.
* Maintain excellent attendance and safety record.
* Candidates must have a valid driver’s license, be eligible to work in the US, provide for their own housing, and possess reliable means of transportation.
* Successfully pass all pre-employment testing requirements.
* Must embrace and demonstrate Texas Custom Wine Works – Performance, Empowered and Cost-mindful, and keep them in mind when making all decisions.
Texas Custom Wine Works is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.